What is a Prehospital PECC?
Pediatric Emergency Care Coordinator or PECC is an individual or individuals who are responsible for coordinating pediatric-specific activities for your agency.
Who can be a PECC?
A PECC for an agency can be:
- Individual(s) within the agency
- Program Agency representative serving a region
- Individual(s) outside of the agency
What is a PECC responsible for?
- Being a resource for education on pediatric medications, equipment, and supplies.
- Promoting and sharing pediatric continuing-education opportunities.
- Encouraging pediatric simulations/hands on pediatric skills assessments.
- Encouraging that fellow providers follow pediatric clinical-practice guidelines.