NYSDOH Bureau of EMS and Trauma Systems has rolled out the mandatory education for every provider in NYS on the 2019 NYS BLS Adult and Pediatric Protocols. The education is through BEMS' new online learning management system "Vital Signs Academy".
All providers must complete the required education regardless of level of care (CFR, EMT-B, AEMT, AEMT-CC and AEMT-P).
The steps below are a summary of how each provider should complete the education for the protocol rollout, by December 31, 2019:
- Log on to Vital Signs Academy
- Complete the learning module entitled "2019 NYS BLS Adult and Pediatric Protocol Update"
- Submit certificate to STEMS via online submission here
- Submission through this link is required
- Provide a copy to your EMS captain at each agency you belong to
For instructions on how to create your Vital Signs Academy account, click here.
If you have issues accessing the course once your account is created, click here.
For instructions on how to submit your certificate to STEMS, click here.
Be sure the learning module you take is the "2019 NYS BLS Adult and Pediatric Protocol Update" module that shows the NYS Vital Signs EMS Conference logo. The certificate you receive this will have the signature from John MacMillin in the bottom right corner. No other certificate will be accepted to complete this requirement.